SPRHC (Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center) has provided healthcare and education resources to our health systems for two decades and is the rural leader in hospital management, with clients across multiple counties. As a health resource, SPRHC offers a Patient centered Medical home within a Family Clinic, Outreach and Women's Clinic, Specialty Clinic, Surgical Team, Critical Access Hospital, Swing Beds, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Laboratory, Imaging Department and Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Controller/Finance Director to join our team!
Directs financial activities of Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This position reports to the CFO.
1. Establishes or recommends to management, major economic strategies, objectives and policies for the agency.
2. Responsible for the District's financial reporting, to include but not limited to monthly financial statements, Board financial reports, financial dashboards, bond/debt covenant reporting, Colorado Hospital Association financial reporting and others as needed.
3. Prepares reports which summarize and forecast Agency business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
4. Directs preparation of budget, reviews budget proposals and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
5. Advises management about insurance coverage for the protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
6. Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
7. Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
8. Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
9. Arranges and coordinates the planning of the annual audits and in the preparation of audit workpapers.
10. Coordinate and assist in the preparation of the annual Medicare Cost Report, Med 13 Cost Report, Colorado Indigent Care Program Report, Disproportionate Share audits, etc.
11. Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions.
12. Oversee the functions of Accounting and Accounts Payable.
13. Responsible for Internal Control and Segregation of Duties in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
14. Responsible for the timely filing of the Spanish Peaks HealthCare Foundation financial statements and 990.
15. Performs other functions as required to fulfill the expectations of the position and the goals and objectives of assigned program/projects and the facility.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university.
• Five years of documented work experience in accounting, finance or Controller role. Previous work experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
• Ability to compile and analyze financial functions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Advanced knowledge of total process flow; in-depth knowledge of cash management processes, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, reconciliation and fraud prevention.
• Knowledge of collection processes through prescribed legal means to support and garner protections for the agency in managing accounting processes.
• Perform advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations; ability to apply mathematical operations to tasks to test for reliability and validity.
• Advanced knowledge of common accounting software; ability to use computer applications in the completion of financial tasks and communication of accounting processes.