Emergency Medical Services Ambulance Director
The Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Director provides administrative oversight to all areas of the Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center’s EMS delivery system, including service delivery and revision, staffing, education and training and performs the highest level of program and data analysis to accomplish this. The EMS Director implements and maintains SPRHC’s EMS System Plan which outlines system design, strategic priorities and expectations; develops, recommends, implements EMS strategic goals and objectives, including service delivery targets; develops, recommends, and implements program and policy changes as necessary. Defines appropriate levels of services, system metrics and performs data collection as necessary for the evaluation of ongoing compliance; prepares oral and written reports, documents and maintains records as required. This position works in collaboration with other administrative team members. Incumbent is subject to call back and working additional hours as required by the SPRHC’s Ambulance District.
· Bachelor’s degree in Emergency ManagementServices, Business Management, Public Administration or closely related field.
· Minimum of two (2) years’ managerial experiencein an Advanced Life Support Emergency Medical Services System, EMS operationssupervisor, or emergency medicine as a Paramedic supervisor, or any equivalentcombination of education, training and experience which provides the requisiteknowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
· Must possess and maintain a current ColoradoDriver’s License with any applicable endorsements and maintain eligibilityrequirements and endorsements to drive a facility vehicle.
· Must attain and maintain a valid state licenseas a Paramedic.
· Current Basic Life Support certification/ CPRcertification.
· Must attain and maintain Advanced Cardiac LifeSupport Certification (ACLS)
· May be required to attain and maintain othercertifications as related to the position for specialized areas of assignment.