Chief Nursing Officer
SPRHC (Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center) has provided healthcare and education resources to our health systems for two decades.
SPRHC is the rural leader in hospital management, with clients across multiple counties. As a health resource, SPRHC offers a Patient centered Medical home within a Family Clinic, Outreach and Women's Clinic, Specialty Clinic, Surgical Team, Critical Access Hospital, Swing Beds, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Laboratory, Imaging Department and Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center.
The Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for the practice of nursing and standard of nursing at Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center (SPRHC). Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards through an interdisciplinary team approach. Assists in formulating assigned program budget and maintains efficient and effective departmental operations while required compliance with all state, federal and local regulations, laws, standards and protocols.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promotes the mission, vision and values of SPRHC.
• Knows and practices the prescribed philosophy, purpose, policies and standards of nursing/patient care services.
• Organizes, directs and administers nursing services in order to provide the level of care required by current medical and nursing standards.
• Supports and develops nursing services in the coordination of the employee selection process, work assignments, performance evaluations and staff development.
• Initiates and participates in problem-solving, policy-forming nursing care services. Maintains close coordination with all department to insure continuity and collaboration of services.
• Assumes responsibility for proactively identifying and resolving customer problems and requests for assistance.
• Evaluates staff performance regularly within established policies and procedures.
• Participates in policy decisions that affect nursing care services in the facility.
• Practices advanced project management principals.
• Adheres to facility policies and procedures. Demonstrates ethical business practices and personal actions and adherence to the facility’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
• Approves department budgets. Directs and supports the preparation and maintenance of department reports.
• Participates in all staff, leadership team and facility committee meeting as required. Attends and serves in professional/civic organizations as a facility representative.
• Ensure the consideration of the role of cultural, social and behavioral factors in the accessibility, availability, acceptability and delivery of operating room information and services.
• Ensure all required licensing, certification and/or education requirements for assigned staff members are completed and up-to-date.
• Perform other functions as required to fulfill the expectations of the Chief Nursing Officer.
Minimum Required Education/Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with five years of varied and progressive nursing management experience with increasing level of administrative responsibility and authority. Master’s degree preferred. At least two years of previous work experience in a supervisory role is required