Social Services Director
The Social Services Director is responsible for the psychosocial needs of residentsin order to maximize their independence and quality of life. Provide reviews and guidance on new residentsto determine care levels and needs. Serves as liaison with community resources and government organizationsas needed to provide supportive care for the residents. Actively participate in developing care planswith multi-disciplinary teams. Utilizetraditional assessment tools for individual and therapy groups, as needed. Receives allegations of abuse or neglect andproperly reviews, investigates, documents and moves toward compliance regardingsubstantiated claims. Protects andadvocates for residents.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promotes the mission, vision and values of SPRHC.
• Supervise, direct and evaluate assigned staff members throughprescribed procedures.
• Review, update and educate team members on policies and procedures thatmeet regulatory compliance.
• Maintains working knowledge of community resources and supportorganizations to provide guidance to residents, which may include but notlimited to, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Disability Services, VeteranAffairs, etc.
• Organizes workflow and prepares schedules, reviews and approves payrollincluding time sheets and leave time.
• Assists with the preparation of social work care plans in conjunction withnursing providers and other health care providers.
• Monitor patient fund accounts to ensure proper stewardship and fiscalresponsibility.
• Schedules and coordinates all training, in-service and education forpersonnel in relation to the care and treatment of long-term care residents(elder justice act, etc.).
• Completes incoming and ongoing assessments of the psychosocial needs ofresidents.
• Function as a primary advocate for abuse prevention and residentialrights, often providing education for staff and families.
• Provide guidance in developing resident intervention plans to deal withbehavior problems.
• Establishes and maintains positive relationships with allcustomers/patients by ensuring daily rounding is completed to buildrelationships.
• Continually contribute to the success of SPHRC through support of thestrategic plan pillars, which are service, quality, finance, people andgrowth.
• Ensure the consideration of the role of cultural, social and behavioralfactors in the accessibility, availability, acceptability and delivery of unit informationand services.
• Assess ever-changing processes and maintain skills in traditionalassessment tools, such as depression inventories and suicide evaluations.
• Perform other functions as required to fulfill the expectations of the Director role.
Minimum Required Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work is required. Minimum of one year previous work experiencein social service directed individual care is required. Master’s Degree in Social Work ispreferred.
Pre-Employment Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures related to the oversightof a social service operation in health care facility.
• Ability to operate general office equipment including computer softwareapplications (e-mail, surveillance equipment/cameras).
• Knowledge of personnel management including conflict management skills,behavior modification methodology and documentation skills regardingperformance management.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of coordination andcompletion of investigations in instances of abuse or neglect.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with thepublic, other agencies, employees and administration.
Position is full-time salaried position with benefits (health, dental, vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), AFLAC employer, long-term disability, life insurance, 403B retirement savings and much more! Salary commensurate with education and experience.