Health Information Management Specialist
A Health Information Management (HIM) Specialist is responsible for customer service to public health information requestors at Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center. A HIM Specialist prepares correspondence for release of medical record information according to established policies and procedures; assembles and analyzes medical records; scans, documents and sets physician deficiencies and delinquencies.
Essential Job Functions:
• Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the personal, financial, medical or employment status of a patient.
• High task-oriented work environment.
• Ability to read and interpret documents.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or SPRHC staff.
• Proficient in typing, spelling, grammar and letter composition.
• Experience with various computer software applications, scanner, fax/copy machine.
Minimum Required Education/Experience: High School Diploma with a minimum of one year of previous work experience in a healthcare provider setting where paper and electronic medical records were used/stored/distributed.
Position is full-time salaried position with benefits: health, dental, vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), AFLAC employer, long-term disability, life insurance, 403B retirement savings and much more! Salary evaluated based on skills/experience related to the position.