Spanish Peaks Regional Health has an immediate opening for a Nursing Supervisor. This position will work weekends and holidays as needed. This role will be assigned to the Acute Care/ER Department and will have shared reporting to the Director of Nursing and the Director of Emergency Services.
The Nursing Supervisor will be responsible for all administrative duties as they relate to the supervision and staffing of nurses and other assigned employees. The Nursing Supervisor will also be responsible for coordinating and maintaining quality patient care.
Other duties include but will not be limited to:
- Providing medical assistance with emergency situations in the ER/Acute floor
- Proper placement and transfer of patients to ensure accurate billing
- Ensuring departmental standards are maintained and policies followed
- Onboarding and training new employees
- Scheduling and delegating tasks to nursing team and other employees as appropriate
- Making rounds to check on the safety and security of patients
- Serving as a point of contact for resolving clinical matters as they arise
- Anticipating problems (i.e. patient care issues, staffing needs, etc.), re-setting priorities and tackling issues accordingly.
- Facilitating in-service training(s) as well as continuing education classes
- Obtaining medications from pharmacy when Lead Pharmacist is unavailable
- Ensuring adherence to all rules and regulations regarding utilization are followed appropriately
- Other duties as assigned
This role will be on-call in the event there is an unusual physician/patient concern, major power outage, security problem, public relations issue, disaster event, etc.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Must possess at least three years of nursing experience.
- Previous Nursing Supervisor experience preferred.
- Must hold a current State of Colorado Nursing license.
- Previous experience with EMR systems preferred.
- Must hold current TNCC, BLS, ACLS, and PALS or ENPC.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefit eligible position.
Rate of pay will be contingent upon experience and geographic location.