Director of Nursing (DON)-LTC
SPRHC (Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center) has provided healthcare and education resources to our health systems for two decades.
SPRHC is the rural leader in hospital management, with clients across multiple counties. As a health resource, SPRHC offers a Patient centered Medical home within a Family Clinic, Outreach and Women's Clinic, Specialty Clinic, Surgical Team, Critical Access Hospital, Swing Beds, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Laboratory, Imaging Department and Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center.
We are hiring a qualified Director of Nursing (DON) for our Long Term Care facility. The position requires the Registered Nurse candidate to have recent extensive Director experience within the past 12 months of employment.
Responsible for overseeing a 120+ bed facility. Works with RNs at a supervisory/managerial level. Guides the direction, administration, and development of overall operations for the Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Ability to supervise nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
- Ability to work with other personnel and develop/maintain good relations
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of nursing care and current clinical practice, treatments and interventions, specific to position specialty.
- Ability to understand and monitor applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Promote patient's independence by establishing patient care goals.
- Resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with rules and regulations.
- Ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to deal tactfully with residents, students, family members, visitors, government agencies and personnel, according to position setting.
- Ability to maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Sufficient computer skills required to perform duties.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain emotional stability under stress.
- Keeps current and adheres to rules, regulations, practices, techniques, policies, and procedures.
- Administrative functions include Resident Care, Resident Rights, Safety, Infection Control, MDS, QA and PIPP.
- Participates in risk management by providing input, ensuring a safe environment and by reporting any malfunctions or needed repairs in equipment or the physical environment.
- Actively works with other departments and agencies to promote education, support, and involvement in the philosophy and functioning of the facility.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written/verbal skills in the English language
CERTIFICATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 to 3+ years of director level experience in Nursing required, long-term care experience is preferred.
- Restorative or geriatric nursing experience preferred.
- Nursing degree from an accredited institution, Bachelor's (BSN) required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Current RN license or license eligible in the state of employment.